The first of it’s kind in the world!
The iWALK2.0 hands-free crutch gives you your hands back – non-weight bearing but still free to use your arms and hands – no more crutches!
The first of its kind in the world, iWALK2.0 is a revolutionary hands-free knee crutch designed to meet the mobility needs of people with non-weight bearing lower leg injuries such as an Achilles rupture, broken ankle, a broken metatarsal or broken foot.
How does the iWALKfree 2.0 hands-free crutch compare to knee scooters, rollers, walkers and other walking aids?
Testimony from Dr Agatep
In the patients that I’ve used it with, as compared to others with whom I’ve used crutches or knee scooters, the iWALK2.0 crutch has made such a marked improvement in their life and resulted in shorter rehab periods. I’ve seen and experienced for myself how effective it is. It’s truly revolutionary, and has made a significant impact in my patients compliance and how quickly they heal.
My observation is that muscle atrophy in patients is minimal and seems to be limited to the calf, as it’s not truly engaged. The quads and other muscles are forced to work, so atrophy is reduced. Post use of the device, they don’t need to do as much work to get back to where they were, that’s part of the beauty of the device.
“In side by side comparison, I’ve seen a lot more atrophy of the quad in users of crutches and knee scooters because you’re not using them, unlike with the iWALK, where you are, constantly.”
These extracts are from an interview with Dr Elmo Agatep, clinical practitioner and Orthopedic for Team USA womens’ volleyball team. For more medical testimonials please follow the link below.
Diana broke her tibia and fibula while skiing and had tried arm crutches and a knee walker before getting her iWALK. Here are her first steps on her iWALK2.0. You can read many more customer testimonials by following the link below.
Is the iWALK2.0 suitable for you?
You are a good candidate for the iWALK2.0 if:
- You are in generally good health and prior to your injury you were not challenged by normal ambulatory activities such as walking, climbing stairs, etc.
- Your injury is to one leg (or foot or ankle) only.
- Your injury is to the lower leg, ankle or foot and requires you to be non-weight bearing during your rehabilitation.
- You are between 5’0” (152CM) and 6’6” (198cm). The iWALK2.0 is fully adjustable for a wide range of heights and leg sizes. If you fall outside of this range, iWALK2.0 might still work for you, but contact us for an individual assessment first.
- You weigh 275 pounds (125 kg) or less and your maximum leg circumference is 27 inches (69 cm) or less (measurement taken as high as possible on the thigh).
- You are wearing a cast, and it doesn’t extend above an couple of inches below your knee. You can pad the knee platform to relieve pressure on the top edge of a taller cast.
- A good quick test to see if the iWALK2.0 might be suitable is to place the shin of the injured leg (with your leg bent 90 degrees) on a padded bench or chair. If you can carry weight in this manner for a few minutes and the shin and knee remain comfortable, this is a good indication that iWALK2.0 will work for you.
There are exceptions to the guidelines provided above, so if you fall outside of those listed here, don’t be discouraged – just give us a call so we can discuss your specific circumstances.
The iWALK2.0 isn’t for everyone…
We wish that we could help everyone avoid the pain and inconvenience of using crutches, but we can’t. While the iWALK2.0 can and does bring new mobility and functionality to your life, it does have its limitations.
iWALK2.0 may NOT be suitable for people that:
- Have injuries to the knee, upper leg or upper half of the lower leg.
- Have poor health, diminished strength or have walking or balance challenges.
- Are significantly overweight (and might be better served with other mobility devices).
- Are unwilling to spend one to three days to become completely proficient in using the iWALK2.0 (we’ve seen cases where users get used to iWALK2.0 in 10 minutes, but everyone is different).
Follow the link below to see some new user videos to give you an idea of what using the iWALK2.0 is like.
Still not sure if iWALK2.0 is for you?
We’re here to help. If you fall outside of the initial guidelines set here, you still might enjoy total success with iWALK, however, before you decide, let us know the specifics of your particular case by contacting us.
To get in touch by phone, please call us on 03300 240966.
Email us at email@example.com
You can purchase the iWALK2.0 quickly and easily from our online shop or by phone on 03300 240966. It’s £174.95 including free delivery.
REMEMBER: If you could walk reasonably well, absolutely unassisted, prior to your injury or condition, then you can iWALK. The iWALK2.0 can restore the mobility you lost due to your injury, but it cannot provide you what you didn’t already have!